Manager, Business Development- AdTech (NY/SF/LA)
We are seeking a self-motivated Manager of Business Development interested in the location data world to join our growing team. In this role, you will be focusing on sharpening your business development skills by establishing new partnerships with the some of the world’s largest Advertising Technology properties including, but not limited to, Demand-Side Platforms, Media Owners, Publishers, App Developers, Measurement and Analytics Platforms, and Agency Holding Companies.
You possess an entrepreneurial spirit, with a real passion for prospecting new business and finding ways to help companies in the advertising and marketing space reach their business goals through our products and solutions. You have the keen ability to stay up to date on market conditions, listen carefully to partner needs, prioritize, and propose meaningful solutions. We are looking for someone who excels at working cross-functionally to contribute to strategy and process improvement initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute strategies to grow and secure new partnerships within the Advertising Technology Marketplace to extend the distribution of Factual technology across a range of Marketers, Platforms, and Publishers.
- Acquire new clients via cold calls, networking, and events attendance.
- You will exceed revenue expectations each quarter.
- Work closely with business development, product, marketing and revenue teams to continuously optimize efforts related to
- company-wide goals.
- Engage in the day-to-day communications with both clients and the internal teams.
- Look for opportunities to help grow the business through product innovation and customer needs.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to determine how to maintain client happiness and deliver results.
- Facilitate data evaluations and light contractual work/negotiations
- Work with product team and demand team to monitor the performance of clients.
- Analyze partner metrics to identify trends and issues, and develop recommendations to help optimize social sharing and revenue generation results.
- Evangelize Factual in the marketplace, and the overall importance of locational context as a key component in strategy.
- 2-5+ years of experience in Mobile, Internet, Technology, and/or Data business development, with a track record of achieving distribution results.
- Understanding of Mobile and Online (emphasis on Mobile) and interest in the ad technology ecosystem, interconnectedness of DSPs, SSP, Agency, and Publisher.
- Familiar with the data-as-a-service industry
- High level of motivation in reaching aggressive targets while also ensuring that the needs of partners are always kept as the top priority.
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience pitching both in person and over the phone.
- A real passion for mobile, location and frictionless improvement to user experience of and consumer technology.
- BA/BS or equivalent required, MBA or relevant experience is a plus.